Install a Reverse Osmosis System in Medford, NJ
The concept of reverse osmosis (RO) water purification isn’t new. In fact, it was first developed back in the 40s to desalinate seawater. Today, there is an array of RO systems available for home use, ranging from point-of-use units that fit under the kitchen sink to whole-house systems that can supply pure, clean water at every faucet and fixture in a large home.
Before you decide on a type of water conditioning for your Browns Mills, NJ or surrounding area home, it’s vital to get your water tested to determine the cause of the quality issues you’re experiencing. For over 30 years, Harriett’s has helped homeowners in South Jersey choose the best water treatment system for their needs, and our free water testing is a valuable aid in the decision-making process.
Ready to taste the pure, fresh water from your tap instead of salty water softening? Install water conditioning in your Atco, NJ home for reverse osmosis today by contacting us!
How Does Reverse Osmosis Work?
The process of reverse osmosis is fairly simple: Your cold water supply gets pushed through a semi-permeable membrane. The ultra-fine membrane allows water molecules through, but blocks any solids larger than 0.0001 micron in size. Reverse osmosis is an excellent form of water conditioning in Atco that doesn’t use sodium or any other chemicals in your water. This makes RO an incredibly effective filtration method that removes up to 99% of unhealthy and hazardous contaminants like:
- Radioactive materials
- Bacteria, viruses, and microbes
- Heavy metals like arsenic, lead, and mercury
- Dissolved salts
- Nitrates and sulfates
- Microscopic parasites like Cryptosporidium
Trapped contaminants are flushed away through a drain attached to the membrane housing, and the filtered, pure water flows on to a holding tank where it’s stored until you turn on a faucet.
Stop wasting money buying bottled water! Reverse osmosis installation is the best water conditioning in Browns Mills and the surrounding areas. Contact Harriett’s Energy Solutions to get started!
The Truth About Reverse Osmosis Myths
There are some misconceptions about reverse osmosis, so let us provide clarity on common ones you may have heard.
An RO System Wastes Too Much Water
It’s true that an RO system produces several gallons of wastewater for each gallon of clean water. If water conservation is a concern, you can opt for a system with a pressure tank and permeate pump, or a zero-waste RO system that directs wastewater into your home’s hot water supply.
RO Filtration Removes Essential Minerals
Beneficial trace minerals are removed from reverse osmosis drinking water, but the body obtains most of these minerals from food, not from water consumption.
Reverse Osmosis Systems Are Too Expensive
While RO systems may have a higher price tag than some other filtering options, there’s no comparison in the quality of the water they produce. The durably built, reliable systems we install at Harriett’s Energy Solutions also provide trouble-free service for 10-15 years. For pennies a day, an RO system can supply your family with healthy, contaminant-free water that has gone through a multi-stage water conditioning process in your Atco, NJ home:
- Sediment filter to remove silt, dirt, and sediment down to 5 microns in size.
- Carbon filter that traps chlorine and any other solids that affect the odor and taste of the water or affect the membrane’s performance.
- Semi-permeable membrane that filters out up to 99% of minute contaminants.
- Polishing filter (post carbon) to remove any remaining bad odors or tastes.
Benefits of Installing a Reverse Osmosis System
Investing in a reverse osmosis system for your home not only provides you with healthier, cleaner water, but it also offers a number of other benefits such as:
- No more unpleasant tastes. By removing the contaminants and additives found in tap or spring water, you’ll have better tasting, higher quality water for drinking, making hot beverages, and cooking.
- Removal of water softener sodium. If you have a water softener installed to solve a hardness issue, RO filtration can remove the salt added during the softening process and give you back sodium-free drinking water.
- No more plastic bottles. You’ll save on the cost and inconvenience of buying water coolers or bottled water, help protect the environment, and avoid the risk of consuming harmful leached chemicals.
- Low-maintenance requirements. An RO system’s carbon filters only require replacement once a year, and the membrane every 2-5 years. To keep the system in good working condition, we also recommend scheduling a yearly inspection by our experienced water treatment technicians.
A reverse osmosis for water conditioning in Browns Mills, NJ or the surrounding area might be the best thing you do for your water! Call 609-451-0914 or contact Harriett’s Energy Solutions for all your reverse osmosis installation needs!
Reverse Osmosis System Installation and Service in South Jersey
To arrange a free water test, or to learn more about reverse osmosis and other treatment options to improve your water quality, contact us at Harriett’s Energy Solutions or call us today at 609-451-0914!