Weatherization Services & Home Energy Audits in Medford, New Jersey
Weatherization is the process of improving the energy efficiency and performance of your home through the implementation of strategies that increase its resistance to the elements, such as wind, rain, or solar radiation. While there are any number of reasons for wanting to weatherize your South Jersey home, the end result is the same: a more energy-efficient, comfortable indoor environment that benefits both your budget and the planet.
Harriett’s Energy Solutions offers a number of valuable services to homes and business across South Jersey, including weatherization services. Our skilled technicians begin by performing a comprehensive energy audit to identify problem areas and provide cost-effective solutions as part of our complete weatherization package. With over 85 years of service spanning three generations, you can trust the experts at Harriett’s to find the most reliable, affordable solutions to all of your energy needs.
Call Harriett’s Energy Solutions today at 609-451-0914 to learn more about our weatherization services, or contact us online and let us know how we can help.
About Our Weatherization Services
At Harriett’s Energy Solutions, we believe in a whole-house approach to performance and efficiency. Our weatherization process involves a number of key steps and components designed to increase the overall efficiency and comfort of your home, including the following.
Home Energy Audit
A home energy audit is performed by one of our skilled technicians and typically takes two to four hours depending on the size and intricacies of the home. Materials provided by the homeowner, including the history of the home as well as past and current energy bills, can help set a valuable baseline for energy usage and projected savings.
During the audit, our technicians perform a series of steps, including:
- Exterior inspection, including a mapping of the home.
- Interview with the homeowner to identify areas of concern.
- Inspection and testing of all combustion appliances.
- Visual inspection of the interior to assess insulation levels and look for signs of air or moisture infiltration.
- Blower door test to identify areas of air leakage.
- Use of infrared camera to identify hot and cold spots.
- Duct inspection.
You will receive a detailed report of our findings, along with suggestions for improvements, their estimated costs, and potential for savings.
Benefits of Weatherization
There’s no denying that weatherization services from Harriett’s are an important element in the whole-house approach to improved efficiency, where each part of your home plays an important role in the entire system’s performance. The benefits of weatherization include:
- Increased comfort. Proper sealing of the exterior and ductwork prevents air leakage, allowing for even heating and cooling of your home and the elimination of hot or cold spots.
- Cost savings. By preventing heat transfer, you keep all the conditioned air that you pay for, and your HVAC equipment doesn’t have to work as hard to maintain the desired temperature of your home.
- Improved safety. Eliminate the risks associated with carbon monoxide poisoning due to incomplete combustion. As part of the weatherization process, our technician will inspect and diagnose any issues with your combustion appliances.
Contact Harriett’s Energy Solutions for Weatherization in South Jersey
Since 1929, Harriett’s has been helping homeowners throughout South Jersey to find cost-effective solutions to improve the comfort and quality of their home environment. You can count of us for reliable weatherization services that can help you save up to 30 percent on your monthly energy bills while reducing your impact on the environment.
Call Harriett’s today at 609-451-0914 to schedule an appointment, or contact us online with any questions about this vital service!