Water Softening Service in the Medford, NJ Area
Hardness is one aspect of water quality that affects almost 90% of American homes. If you are contending with issues like a scale buildup on your faucets and bathroom fixtures, dingy laundry, spots on cutlery and glassware, and poor lathering from soaps and shampoos, you likely have hard water.
Never ask “Where can I find water softening service near me?” again! If you’re in the Medford area, Harriett’s Energy Solutions can install an effective solution to your problem. For more information or to schedule service, contact us today!
What Causes Hard Water?
Water supplies from municipal systems and private wells naturally contain dissolved minerals in varying concentrations. It is the level of two specific minerals—calcium and magnesium that largely determines the hardness of the water, which can be measured in grains per gallon (gpg). Slightly-hard water has between 1.0–3.5 gpg, while moderately-hard water can contain 3.5–7.0 gpg.
Although hard water doesn’t pose a health hazard, over time the minerals it contains can clog up your home’s plumbing system and adversely affect the performance of appliances like the water heater, dishwasher and washing machine.
Here at Harriett’s Energy Solutions, we offer free water testing in Medford and the surrounding areas to help you decide if installing a water softener is the best solution to correct these troublesome issues.
How Water Softeners Work
The most popular systems used to soften water in South Jersey homes rely on a process called ion exchange. A whole-house system is the ideal choice to condition the water arriving at every faucet, fixture, and appliance. The system consists of a resin tank, a brine tank, controls and piping, and it is plumbed into your home’s main water line. The process of softening the water before it’s distributed throughout your home is relatively simple yet extremely effective:
- The incoming water containing calcium and magnesium ions is routed through a tank filled with resin beads coated with sodium (salt) ions. As the water flows over the beads, these mineral ions switch places.
- Over time, the beads become coated with hard water ions, so the system automatically regenerates the sodium ions by filling the resin tank from the adjacent brine tank and then backwashing to flush out the collected calcium and magnesium.
- To keep the system operating smoothly, water softener salt crystals must be added to the brine tank periodically.
- For convenience and peace of mind, we can deliver your supply of water softener salt and perform any needed system maintenance.
Benefits of Installing a Water Softener
Having a water softener installed brings some immediate benefits, like making cleaning easier in your kitchen and bathrooms, giving you sparkling clean dishes and cutlery, using less soap and shampoo because it lathers better, and having brighter, softer laundry. Softer water offers some long-term benefits as well, like:
- Longer appliance lifespan. A mineral buildup makes appliances work harder, so preventing an accumulation can lengthen their expected service life.
- Savings on water heating costs. Keeping mineral scale from collecting inside your water heater not only extends the equipment’s life, it makes heating more efficient and less costly.
- Fewer plumbing problems. Curbing mineral scale deposits in your plumbing supply pipes ensures good water pressure and helps avert clogs.
Expert Water Softener Installation and Service for South Jersey Homeowners
If you’re experiencing water quality issues in your South Jersey home, call us at Harriett’s Energy Solutions. If testing confirms that your water is too hard, we can advise you on the best water softening system for your home, and have our skilled and experienced team install it at your convenience! Contact us today!