Air Conditioning Repair in Medford, NJ
With the hot South Jersey summer giving your air conditioner a workout, it might be pushed beyond its limit. When you face air conditioning problems, you need AC repair to get the cold air flowing again.
Count on Harriett’s Energy Solutions to solve your problem! Our air conditioning technicians are experienced diagnosing and repairing problems so you won’t be left without AC for long. Plus, we always provide a work estimate and explain any alternative options before we begin work so you can make the best decision possible.
Never ask “Where can I find air conditioner repair near me?” again! If you need to schedule AC repair, contact us today at 609-451-0914. We also offer emergency AC repair services—simply give us a call and we’ll send someone over as soon as possible!
Troubleshoot AC Problems Before You Call the Pros
Normally, air conditioners are robust and able to withstand harsh operating conditions to keep your home cool, even on the hottest summer day in South Jersey. However, because air conditioners are such complex machines, plenty can go wrong with them. Fortunately, you have the opportunity to troubleshoot some basic problems before you call Harriett’s Energy Solutions for help.
If your A/C won’t start…
- Check that the thermostat is set to “cool” and that the temperature in the room is higher than the thermostat setting.
- Make sure the unit is getting power. Check the circuit breaker and reset any tripped breakers you find.
- If the thermostat is set properly and the unit is receiving power but still won’t turn on, it’s time to call Harriett’s Energy Solutions and have a knowledgeable technician come take a look.
If the air comes out warm…
- Make sure the thermostat is set to “cool” rather than “fan only.”
- Examine the outdoor unit for foliage or other obstructions blocking airflow.
- Spray down the unit to loosen dirt and debris that may be restricting airflow from the inside.
- If the air still blows warm, the refrigerant may need to be recharged, a task only a qualified air conditioning technician can complete.
If your unit runs constantly…
- Check the thermostat. Set the fan to “auto” instead of “on.” Of course, you can also choose to set the fan to stay on continually for improved circulation even when the AC compressor is off. Just remember this will increase your cooling bills.
- Turn up the temperature. If the air conditioner is cooling off the space adequately, you may simply need to raise the temperature a degree or two for it to turn off.
- The air conditioner may be undersized and unable to keep up with demand on New Jersey’s hottest summer days. Replacing the unit is the only way to fix this problem and restore indoor comfort.
What Does an AC Inspection & Tune-Up Include?
Air conditioner maintenance is designed to do many things: find and eliminate small problems before they become major issues, discover and remove any safety issues, and ensure that your HVAC unit is running at peak efficiency. To that end, when a technician services your system, they will typically:
- Clean the condenser and evaporator coils
- Check Freon and refrigerant levels
- Clean the condenser unit
- Inspect the electrical system
- Clean the air handler
- Inspect the fan belt
- Lubricate any moving parts
- Change the air filter
- And more!
Schedule AC Repair in Medford
If you attempt the above troubleshooting tips to no avail, you have a problem that requires professional attention. Don’t let your malfunctioning air conditioner leave you to sweat this summer—let Harriett’s Energy Solutions get your AC up and running again! As a full-service provider, we repair all brands, makes and models of air conditioners—regardless of whether you purchased the equipment from us or not.
We’ve provided heating, cooling, and plumbing services throughout South Jersey since 1929. In this time, we’ve grown, expanded and gained experience, all the while remaining a family-owned business that puts customer service first. We always go the extra mile to improve the quality of life in the communities we serve, and we’re ready to optimize your home comfort this summer!
Contact us online or by phone at 609-451-0914 to schedule your air conditioner repair today.
Our Air Conditioning South Jersey Service Area:
If you need air conditioning repair services in the following areas, give Harriett’s a call!
Atco, Berlin, Beverly, Birmingham, Bordentown, Browns Mills, Burlington, Chatsworth, Cherry Hill, Cinnaminson, Collingswood, Columbus, Cookstown, Delanco, Delran, Eastampton, Edgewater Park, Florence, Gibbsboro, Haddonfield, Hainesport, Indian Mills, Jacobstown, Jobstown, Juliustown, Lumberton, Maple Shade, Marlton, Medford, Medford Lakes, Moorestown, Mount Holly, Mount Laurel, New Egypt, New Lisbon, North Hanover, Palmyra, Pemberton, Pennsauken, Rancocas, Rancocas Woods, Riverside, Riverton, Roebling, Shamong, Sicklerville, Southampton, Tabernacle, Vincentown, Voorhees, Waterford Works, West Berlin, Westampton, Willingboro, and Wrightstown.