Air Conditioner Maintenance in Medford, NJ
Did you know most air conditioner breakdowns are avoidable? Like changing the oil in your car to preserve good gas mileage and prevent future problems, the trick to keeping your air conditioner in good shape is to schedule AC maintenance at the start of summer. Even if you forgot to arrange a tune-up early in the season, you can still have maintenance performed in the middle of summer and benefit from better performance and peace of mind for the rest of the season.
Want to help prevent costly breakdowns? Call us at 609-451-0914 to schedule air conditioning maintenance in the Medford, NJ area today!
Benefits of AC Maintenance
Our knowledgeable air conditioning technicians have all the necessary tools and experience to ensure your AC is all set for summer. The benefits of making maintenance a yearly priority include:
- More affordable cooling: Electric bills skyrocket in the summer when you’re fighting the New Jersey heat. A tuned air conditioner is clean, well-lubricated, and charged correctly for optimum energy efficiency, resulting in lower energy bills all season long.
- Fewer costly breakdowns: Problems often develop slowly, such as a fan belt that starts to fray. If a technician spots this, the belt can be replaced before it snaps and causes more serious damage. In this way, AC maintenance saves you money and hassle by preventing costly breakdowns.
- More dependable performance: The chance of a mid-season breakdown is far lower if you schedule maintenance in the spring.
- Longer equipment life span: Just as a neglected car will never reach 100,000 miles, an ignored air conditioner will break down years before its time. Get more from your investment by scheduling maintenance to help it last longer.
- Safer operation: The adjustments and tests performed during maintenance help prevent unsafe operation. Peace of mind is just another reason to keep up with AC maintenance.
What Does Central Air Conditioner Maintenance Include?
When you call Harriett’s Energy Solutions for an air conditioner tune-up, your technician will:
- Change the air filter and clean the blower motor to ensure optimal airflow through the air conditioning unit.
- Check thermostat settings to make sure you’re getting the most from your air conditioner. If you don’t already have a programmable thermostat, the technician may explain the benefits and install one on the spot if you’re interested.
- Tighten electrical connections, inspect the wiring and fuses, measure voltage and amperage, and check electrical safety circuits to ensure all electrical components are in good condition.
- Lubricate moving parts and inspect the bearings to reduce friction and keep everything working smoothly.
- Inspect the condensate drain and clear out any blockages if necessary.
- Check system controls to ensure safe and correct operation.
- Clean the indoor and outdoor coils, removing any dirt or dust buildup.
- Test the refrigerant charge, check for leaks, and make repairs or adjustments if necessary.
- Run the system to double-check that everything is operating properly.
- Clean the evaporator with a stiff brush to remove dust and dirt to help heat easily move from the air to the coils.
Schedule AC Maintenance in Medford, New Jersey
Whether your goal is to stay more comfortable, save on your energy bills, or prolong your air conditioner’s life, don’t put off maintenance! Rely on Harriett’s Energy Solutions to provide the preventative care your AC needs.
We have provided cooling services throughout South Jersey since 1929, and we’ve always remained a family-owned business that puts customer satisfaction first. We go the extra mile to improve the quality of life in the communities we serve, and we’re ready to optimize your comfort this summer by tuning up your air conditioner before hot weather arrives!
Never ask, “Where can I find a quality HVAC company near me?” again! Contact us online or by phone at 609-451-0914 to schedule air conditioner maintenance today.
Frequently Asked Questions About Air Conditioning Maintenance
How often do air conditioners require maintenance?
You need to change your filters and clean the unit regularly. It is also advisable to remove any leaves, grass clippings, etc., from around the air conditioning system. You should also plan to schedule service with a certified HVAC technician once a year. Ideally, you should schedule it twice per year (once at the beginning of summer and once just before fall). This helps ensure peak performance and optimal efficiency.
What does an HVAC technician do during a maintenance appointment?
Your HVAC technician will inspect the belts for signs of wear and tear, test the voltage, check refrigerant levels, and examine the drainage lines for clogs. The technician will also lubricate the system, test the blower motor, check that the thermostat is working properly, and repair any problems they discover.
Will regular maintenance extend the life span of my air conditioner system?
Absolutely! Regular maintenance helps catch small problems before they become major issues. Further, regular maintenance improves efficiency, which will help keep your monthly utility bills from heating up. Routine maintenance reduces wear and tear and can significantly extend the lifespan of your systems.
Can you use water to clean your air conditioner?
Yes, you can use water to clean your AC condenser and other components. They are designed to withstand outside conditions, and washing them with water won’t harm them at all. However, you should not use a pressure washer or chemical cleaning agents as these can cause significant damage to coils and other components.
Do you have more questions about air conditioner maintenance? Contact the team at Harriett’s Energy Solutions by calling (609) 451-0914. We will give you the answers you need to keep your air conditioning system operating in peak condition!
Our Service Area for AC Maintenance & Tune-Ups:
If you need air conditioning maintenance or service in the following areas, give Harriett’s a call!
Atco, Berlin, Beverly, Birmingham, Bordentown, Browns Mills, Burlington, Chatsworth, Cherry Hill, Cinnaminson, Collingswood, Columbus, Cookstown, Delanco, Delran, Eastampton, Edgewater Park, Florence, Gibbsboro, Haddonfield, Hainesport, Indian Mills, Jacobstown, Jobstown, Juliustown, Lumberton, Maple Shade, Marlton, Medford, Medford Lakes, Moorestown, Mount Holly, Mount Laurel, New Egypt, New Lisbon, North Hanover, Palmyra, Pemberton, Pennsauken, Rancocas, Rancocas Woods, Riverside, Riverton, Roebling, Shamong, Sicklerville, Southampton, Tabernacle, Vincentown, Voorhees, Waterford Works, West Berlin, Westampton, Willingboro, and Wrightstown.