Realtor’s Guide: How to Sell Oil-Heated Homes
When you’re selling a home, it’s not just the outside appearance that counts. Even if your home has a nice coat of paint and a well-groomed yard, potential home buyers are ultimately looking for features that will cater to their family’s needs—and save money in the process. Now that there is a widespread awareness of the importance of environmental protection, houses with eco-friendly features are selling for higher prices than their outdated counterparts. One of the features that realtors often overlook when evaluating a house’s environmental consciousness is the use of heating oil. Let the experts at Harriett’s help you learn about the benefits of oil-heated homes to pass along to potential buyers.
To get more information about the oil tank services in Medford offered by Harriett’s Energy Solutions, contact us online or call 609-451-0914 today!
What Are the Benefits of Oil Heat?
- Environmental friendliness – In terms of overall emissions, oil heat is far superior to gas heat. In recent years, the sulfur content of heating oil has been reduced by 93% and emissions have gone down by approximately 95%. As an added bonus, oil heat systems create far less soot—meaning less dirt and odors—than traditional gas heaters.
- Energy efficiency – According to the U.S. Department of Energy, heating oil averages 16% higher energy efficiency than gas.
- Savings – Though gas and oil prices are on the rise, the cost of heating oil has been consistently lower on average depending on the state in which you live. While converting to gas heating can typically cost up to $9,000, maintaining an oil heater can eliminate such pricy expenses. The Consumer Energy Council of America (CECA) concluded that converting from oil to gas heat is financially unwise.
- Dependability – The rapid recovery rate (up to 120 gallons of hot water per hour) of an oil-fired water heater makes it unlikely that homeowners will run out of hot water—especially in families who often have the dishwasher, washing machine, and shower running at the same time. If properly maintained, oil heat appliances can last twice as long as gas heaters: 30 or more years vs. 11–14 years.
- Service – While gas heat is provided by one major utility and doesn’t offer diverse service options, oil heat dealers serve their customers reliably and personally. Even if you need heating maintenance at 3am in the middle of a snowstorm, you can depend on Harriett’s to send a technician who’d be happy to help you. (Our testimonials speak for themselves!)
- Safety – Unlike gas, heating oil is not explosive. When it reaches 140 degrees, heating oil vaporizes, preventing it from igniting if fire comes into contact with it. Gas also carries the risk of leaking, which is one of the leading causes of carbon monoxide deaths.
Schedule Oil Tank Services in Medford, NJ & Surrounding Areas of South Jersey
If one of the homes you’re planning to sell has an underground fuel storage tank on the property, you may be interested in upgrading to a new above-ground tank. Above-ground tanks prevent the need for digging and reinforcing, and they are significantly easier to maintain and repair than underground tanks. We offer fuel tank removal in the area and would be happy to replace yours with an above-ground tank.
To make them safer and more attractive, above-ground fuel storage tanks can be painted, screened, or housed in a weatherproof vinyl tub. Harriett’s offers all of these services and manages the entire job for you, making the process seamless and stress-free. We even offer financing and free tank estimates!
Call us at 609-451-0914 to schedule a heater certification.
Contact us online or call 609-451-0914 to get a free estimate on oil tank services in Medford from the experts at Harriett’s Energy Solutions today!