Indoor Air Quality Testing in South Jersey
There is no doubt that you want to keep your family safe and comfortable while indoors. Are you doing all you can to be sure the air your family breathes is as clean as it can be? Particularly in this part of New Jersey, several complicating factors can jeopardize the indoor air quality of your home. Some of these common issues include:
- Excess moisture
- Dry air from heating systems
- Pet dander
- Dust mites
Although you may not be able to see them, ultrafine particles such as dirt, dust, tobacco smoke, and fireplace soot can remain airborne for a long time—unlike larger particles that tend to settle on surfaces. Though microscopic, these ultrafine particles have the power to cause allergic reactions and other more serious effects on your health.
Don’t risk your family’s health, call 609-451-0914 or contact Harriett’s Energy Solutions online to schedule an indoor air quality inspection in Medford, NJ or the surrounding areas today.
Clean the Air Using Light with the HALO/REME-LED System
At Harriett’s Energy Solutions, we are dedicated to LED light as an effective way to neutralize biologic particles in the air. The HALO/REME-LED system is one option we offer to help you gain control over the indoor air quality in your home. This system is installed in your HVAC system, where it works continually to reduce airborne particles and surface contaminants to improve the quality of your indoor air. It is effective at reducing the level of live pathogens, like microbials, mold, viruses, and bacteria. It also reduces odors, VOCs, dust, smoke, and other allergens. The end result is cleaner, fresher indoor air at all times.
The HALO/REME-LED system offers these benefits:
- Uses bi-polar ionization to remove contaminants from the air
- Long-life replaceable LED cell module lasts longer than mercury vapor
- The first washable catalyst in the industry
- Effective indoor air cleaning for high load environments, like smoking rooms
- Free of mercury and ozone
- Install-and-leave indoor air purifying through your HVAC system
- Simple use, effective results
This system works well for all types of HVAC systems. It can be installed in your home and in your business. Any building that has an HVAC system can capitalize on LED technology to purify the air. If you are looking for a proactive way to clean your indoor air more effectively, with a system that treats every cubic inch of your space by treating the air as it flows through the system, HALO/REME-LED technology could be a good fit.
To take advantage of the benefits of LED air purification, and to see if the HALO/REME-LED system would be a good solution for your indoor air quality concerns, contact Harriett’s Energy Solutions. Call us at 609-451-0914 or contact us online to learn more about our indoor air quality options.
REME HALO® Whole Home In-Duct Air Purifier
Invented to re-create nature’s process of purifying the air, the REME HALO® whole-home in-duct air purifier is like bringing fresh outdoor air inside without ever having to open your windows. Effective against all three categories of indoor air pollutants – particulates, microbial, and gases – you can say goodbye to odors from cooking, pets, dirty socks, diaper pails, musty rooms, etc. The REME HALO® has been thoroughly tested on airborne and surface bacteria and viruses, such as MRSA, e-coli, Norwalk, and COVID-19 to name a few.
With the REME HALO® installed in your home for the special price of $1,149.00 installed while supplies last (regularly $1,506.00), you can now reduce common allergy triggers from particulates such as pollen, mold spores, dander and dust. Call Harriett’s Energy Solutions at (609) 451-0914 to set up your appointment. Financing is available.
Improving Indoor Air Quality in Your South Jersey Home
Help ease asthma, allergies & respiratory conditions
There are many products that can help you achieve the goal of cleaner air in your home. Is it time to look for ways to improve the indoor air quality of your home? Consider these questions:
- Does anyone living in your home suffer from allergies, asthma, or other respiratory problems?
- If so, are their symptoms worse at night or in the morning?
- Does anyone in your household have immune system problems?
- Are there infants or elderly family members living in your home?
- Are there any smokers in your home?
- Do you have any pets?
- Do you notice a stale or musty odor when the furnace or air conditioner runs?
- Do you notice dust on furniture shortly after cleaning?
- Is your home brand-new or more than 10 years old?
- Does dirt or dust accumulate on your supply/return air grilles?
If you answered yes to at least two of the questions above, you should take some time to speak with one of our equipment specialists at Harriett’s Energy Solutions to find a personalized course of action that will get your air as clean as possible for your family. Either of the two basic types of air purifiers—room air purifiers and whole-house purifiers—might be the best choice for your home.
Contact our air quality experts online or call 609-451-0914 to discuss how we can improve your home’s indoor air and ease respiratory issues such as asthma and allergies.
Room Air Purifiers in South Jersey
If your South Jersey-area home doesn’t have forced-air heating or cooling, then a room air purifier is the best choice for you. This small unit can easily be moved from room to room when necessary. They come in a variety of models including those using HEPA filters, those with electronic precipitators, and those using ionizer technology.
Whole-House Purifiers in South Jersey
A whole-house air purifier system is built into the ductwork of a forced-air heating or cooling system and filters the air in the entire house. There are several different types of whole-house systems, including:
- Pleated media cleaner – Ideal if your home has forced-air heating, this built-in unit must be professionally installed in the ductwork of your heating system. Pleated media cleaners are up to 85% more efficient when it comes to capturing ultrafine particles and even larger contaminants (e.g., mold spores and pet dander). Filters only need be replaced every 6-12 months, which means less maintenance.
- Electrostatic air cleaner – This type is wired into your home’s electrical system, and it does an excellent job of removing dust and smoke particles from the air. Due to the fact that the filters are washable, you can just rinse them off with a hose about once a month instead of needing to pay for a new one every few months.
- HEPA system – Otherwise known as high-efficiency particulate systems, these air filters trap small contaminant particles. HEPA filters offer some of the best filtration possible, capturing 99.7% or more of floating particles.
- UV system – Ultraviolet air purifiers kill microbial particles without any actual filtration. Instead, rays of ultraviolet light incinerate the particles as they pass through. While these purifiers are extremely effective at eliminating harmful bacteria, they are also one of the pricier options and require UV bulb replacement every 1-2 years.
Additional Indoor Air Quality Products for Homeowners in South Jersey
Some other indoor air quality products that may help purify the air in your home include:
- Humidifiers: The ideal humidity range is 30-50%. Humidity levels below 30% can cause dry, irritated skin, and can irritate the nasal passages. Increasing the humidity can make breathing easier for many people, especially for those with asthma or allergies or for someone with a cold.
- Dehumidifiers: Humidity levels above 50% can result in water condensing on walls and other surfaces, encouraging the growth of allergens such as molds and dust mites.
- Attic fans: Attic ventilation is an important component to regulating air quality and moisture levels in the home as the weather conditions and seasons change. When it’s cold outside, air can leak in around attic access panels, ceiling light fixtures, exhaust fans, etc., which brings outside moisture into your home’s attic space, allowing for mold and bacteria growth.
- Programmable thermostats: Installing a clock/time programmable thermostat or a “smart” Wi-Fi-enabled thermostat lets you set your temperature to manage humidity levels and temperatures to maintain optimal air quality all day.
Indoor Air Quality Testing in the Medford, NJ Area
If you or someone in your home suffers from asthma, allergies or another respiratory complication, airborne particles such as dust mites, pollen, molds, pet dander, and insect debris, can trigger allergic reactions, respiratory problems, and asthma attacks. This is why getting your home’s air quality tested is so important, and if our air quality experts discover that additional equipment is needed, we’ll work you with you to find the best product for you and your home in South Jersey.
For more information on how to keep your home’s air as clean as it can be for your family, call Harriett’s Energy Solutions today at 609-451-0914 or contact us online!
Our coverage area encompasses the following:
Atco, Berlin, Beverly, Birmingham, Bordentown, Browns Mills, Burlington, Chatsworth, Cherry Hill, Cinnaminson, Collingswood, Columbus, Cookstown, Delanco, Delran, Eastampton, Edgewater Park, Florence, Gibbsboro, Haddonfield, Hainesport, Indian Mills, Jacobstown, Jobstown, Juliustown, Lumberton, Maple Shade, Marlton, Medford, Medford Lakes, Moorestown, Mount Holly, Mount Laurel, New Egypt, New Lisbon, North Hanover, Palmyra, Pemberton, Pennsauken, Rancocas, Rancocas Woods, Riverside, Riverton, Roebling, Shamong, Sicklerville, Southampton, Tabernacle, Vincentown, Voorhees, Waterford Works, West Berlin, Westampton, Willingboro, and Wrightstown.