Not Enough Cooling!?
- Turn off and you are not using. This includes computers, lights, televisions, etc. Also unplug things like toasters and recharging stations, because these use energy even while they are idle.
- Keep the sun out by closing drapes, blinds, or shades on the sunny side of the house. This will help your air conditioners and fans to cool more effectively.
- Make sure areas of your home that are not air conditioned, such as closets, sun porches, or breezeways are closed off
- Schedule your appliance use that creates heal hi the early morning or in the evening. This would include baking, washing dishes, or doing laundry. Make sure you are washing full loads to get the best use of your energy costs.
- Ifyou have an appliance plugged hi that you could do without — such as a garage or basement refrigerator — unplug it during peak cooling season. If you can comfortably do so, set your air conditioner at 78°.
We’re a Full Service ProviderAll Brands, Makes & Models